We know how those days are, when it feels as if you’re always on the “go, go go” and it seems as if it’s too much to keep eating fresh & healthy snacks and meals. You can have it all- the healthy lifestyle and busy schedule- when you pack yourself several of these sugar-free & gluten-free granola bars!
We love this recipe with dried tart cherries and unsalted, chopped almonds, but you can change up the nuts and dried fruit as you like! If you’re also craving the taste of chocolate, throw in some chocolate or carob chips to satisfy that little sweet tooth.
- 1 cup packed dates, pitted
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats, toasted (you can buy toasted oats or toast your own)
- ¾ cup smooth almond butter or peanut butter
- ¾ cup raisins or dried tart cherries or dried fruit of your choice
- 1 cup roasted unsalted almonds, chopped
- ½ cups unsalted pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 2 Tablespoon chai or flax seeds
- ½ cup flaked unsweetened coconut (optional)
- 1/3 cup honey or maple or agave syrup
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 9 x 13 inch Pyrex dish with parchment paper and set aside.
In a food processor, process dates until they are a “dough” type consistency, about 1 minute.