Beets are an underrated food and are so good for you. When they are paired with goat cheese you can’t go wrong. Whip up this side dish for a total crowd pleaser.
Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
- 3 fresh beets
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- ½ cup chopped raw almonds
- Citrus vinaigrette (recipe follows)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Wash & dry beets, spear with fork, place beet on tin foil, drizzle with olive oil, add salt and pepper, wrap each beet separately in tin foil and roast in oven for about 1 hour until tender
Let beets cool, peel beets and cut into slices
Place washed salad greens in large serving bow or platter, add beets, crumbled goat cheese sprinkle with almonds and toss with citrus vinaigrette.
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit vinegar (or any citrus vinegar or juice)
- 1 teaspoon grated purple onion
Whisk all ingredients together and toss over salad.