Looking for a light and refreshing summer dish? Try our ceviche! It’s not only easy to prepare, but it won’t weigh you down in the heat!
What You’ll Need:
- 3-5 pounds fresh fish (look for local caught Seabass or Halibut and cut into small cubes)
- 2-3 cups fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 heaping teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup purple onion, diced small
- 3 jalapenos seeded, cut into rings
- ½ cup, fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, cut into cubes
What to Do:
In a large glass bowl, add cubed fish with salt and garlic powder. Add diced purple onion and cover completely with fresh lime juice. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours.
Add cilantro and jalapenos to ceviche and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate another hour or so.
When ready to serve, add avocado and garnish with tortilla chips.
Chef Jodi tip: Always use the freshest fish possible! Use same day you purchase it.