In the spirit of the new year we wanted to bring you a fresh and healthy fish meal. You can make this anytime for a delicious entree and it is a great way to start 2016 off right.
You can use any fish you like, snapper or salmon or even chicken it’s so easy and tasty!
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 2 sliced red or yellow peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 8 ounces of fresh fish
- *1 Tablespoon Blacken Seasonings
- olive oil
In a medium sized sauté pan heat oil, add sliced onion and sauté until golden, add minced garlic, tomatoes, peppers and jalapeno.
Add salt, chili powder, paprika, pepper and lime juice. Sauté for 5 – 7 minutes until vegetables are soft.
Meanwhile, wash and pat dry fish, place on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and cover with blacken seasoning on both sides. Grill over medium heat about 3 -4 minutes each side. Or you can pan sear.
Place on a bed of rice and black beans!