It’s still summer and corn is in abundance! Try this delicious side dish and make the most of your summer nights.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice (Basmati brown rice)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (cut from 2 ears) or frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup chopped fresh poblano chiles or green bell pepper or jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup diced snap peas or asparagus
- 1 cup 1/2-inch cubes yellow zucchini
- 1 avocado, halved, peeled, diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantr0
What to Do:
In a medium pot, bring 2 cups of water to boil. Add rice and simmer with pot covered until all water is absorbed — about 30 minutes. Leave cover on rice for at least 10 minutes and then fluff with fork.
Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice and 3 tablespoons olive oil in small bowl. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add corn, poblanos, snap peas and zucchini or asparagus. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté until vegetables are just tender, 6 to 7 minutes
Pour veggies into large serving bowl. Add rice to bowl, toss well.
Add avocado, green onions, cilantro, and dressing; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
Serves 4 – 6